Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Saw Stool

Sawstool


Today Keith drew a design of a saw stool up on the white board my first task was to draw a full sized (to scale) drawing of the saw stool my drawing included the head which was 900mm long and 90mm wide it also includes 4 legs of the size of 645mm high this made the saw stool to high for my size to reach with my leg so i shortened my leg sizes to 575mm which made my stool stand at 600mm high which was a perfect size for me.





This stool also includes to cleats which where 140 x 19 mm these kept the legs in position we also had to blocks under neath the stool for extra strength after my drawing was done it was time to start my saw stool i started with the head i measured 150mm in from each end and marked where the legs should be after i sawed 15mm down and chiseled the waste out.





After all of the slots were done on the head i cut the legs i marked them at 620 end cut the legs on the drop saw then i marked out my leg joints with the sliding bevel at a one in four angle i then fitted my legs to the head then it was time to make the base to fit the stool into to give the right angle David and i worked hard building the base then we fitted my stool to the base then all i need to do is add the cleat and the block i added the cleat first by screwing them into the perfect angles of the legs after they were in i then fitted the block into the bottom of the stool after that i used the orbit sander and sanded my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment